Your child's poor vision could lead to poor performance at school learning. As a parent what you can do is to give the best vision to your child by recognizing the sign of poor vision. Condition like refractive errors and strabismus can lead to a lazy eye. If left undetected early years of life.
Few sign that you or your child's teacher may notice:
- Sight and Style suggests that children should usually have their first eye test at around 3 years of age. Sight and Style optometrist will check for refractive errors such of Myopia (or) Short sightedness and Hypermetropia (or) long sightedness.
- Frequent eye rubbing or blinking
- Avoiding close work
- Holding a book very close to read
- Poor hand eye co-ordination (Such as throwing and catching a ball)
- Complaints of headache or blurring of vision
- Sitting very close to the television or computer
Eye wear selection for child:
- Children spectacles are specially designed to fit properly and comfortable, safe and easy for your active child to wear.
- Spring hinges add durability and increase long term fit
- Curved wire ear piece to keep Spectacle on the face and reduce pressure on the ears.
- Plastic lenses are light weight and resistant to breakage
- Polycarbonate lenses are thinner and lighter in weight with impact resistance and also give protection from harmful UV- rays.